Hi there, I’m Lindsey McCoy and I help clients identify their core values and build up individualized nutrition, fitness, and lifestyle habits to live a value-full life. If you crave practical and relatable nutrition guidance, you’ve come to the right place.
When you hear the word “nutrition” what do you think of?
Bitter, watery, green smoothies you can barely stand to choke down? What about a pantry full of meal replacement bars and speciality supplements that cost you, oh, just several hundred dollars? Or maybe you think of having a “last meal” binge fest because you’re absolutely, 100%, never ever going to get to eat a brownie again.
I’ll let you in on a secret, none of that is actually nourishing.
Nourishing yourself means:
- You understand some basics of human physiology and you provide your body with the nutrients it needs to function optimally.
- You have a good relationship with food and yourself and you view your eating pattern as a form of self-care, not self-inflicted punishment.
- You recognize that food and nutrition is only one piece contributing to your total well being. Food isn’t magic, it’s not even medicine. Food is food.
I founded Crave Nutrition, RD to create a space that fights against the madness that is the “nutrition and wellness” industry today. Day after day, as a clinical dietitian working first in bariatrics and later in diabetes self-management, I would just hang my head in sadness seeing how warped nutrition has become for many people.
We’ve gotten to the point where we’re afraid of fruits because “bananas have too much sugar” yet we embrace with open arms, and wallets, detox teas and skinny lollipops. Spoiler alert — If any of those things actually worked, the diet industry wouldn’t be a $72 BILLION dollars per year industry in the United States alone.
I’ve made it my mission to help adults build skills and their own resiliency, related to:
- Assessing your current nutrition habits with curiosity and non-judgement.
- Planning for and preparing meals that taste good and make you feel good.
- Using tools strategically, not as a crutch.
- Taking ACTION through tiny steps. Not tomorrow. Not next Monday. Not when you finally figure out how to squeeze an extra two hours into your day for yourself.
- And one of my personal passions — rising above #marketingmadness to finally feel confident when making food choices for yourself.
So what do you think — are you ready to quit the cycle of fad diets, disappointment, and wasted time and money to learn what truly nourishing yourself can be like?
Just a little "taste" of who I am....
My favorite ways I’ve ever been described are thoughtful, resilient, and pleasantly quirky and I can never resist dishing out a good food pun. I’m a young adult cancer survivor in remission from Hodgkin Lymphoma after undergoing chemo and radiation treatments throughout most of 2014. I’m a first-generation college graduate (Go Roadrunners!). And, I’m biased, but I think my husband and I have the cutest, unconventional love story that started when we met playing shuffleboard one night in Utah, and has led us around the world because of his Active Duty military career.
Get in touch with me!
If you’d like to get in touch with me and talk nutrition, fitness, or happiness feel free to reach out by clicking the button below to make an appointment.
Get in touch with me!
If you’d like to get in touch with me and talk nutrition, fitness or happiness feel free to reach out and make an appointment by following the button below!